The File Format Wiki deals with the various file formats used to store information, such as text, music, lists, etc.
Aside from file formats, it also discusses data transfer concepts in general.
The top goals in this wiki include:
- Providing general information / overview for specific file formats
- Providing specification or links to specification to file formats
The subcategory Category:Content contains the following:
- File formats
- Our main focus, these discuss file formats, language syntax, and specification.
- Character encoding
- These are methods used to convert text into binary and vice-versa.
- Data structures
- These are standard data types and structures commonly found in programming languages.
- These discuss some abstract methods of persistence aside from using formats.
- These are standards that some formats may or must follow in general.
- Data compression